Location: Rockmart, GA
Miura Boiler was founded in 1927 and has grown to be one of the largest industrial steam boiler manufacturers in the world. Companies that are thinking of the future who wants to manage oil and gas resources, save money, and reduce emissions have embraced Miura Boiler technology resulting in an accelerated growth in the market share. Miura is already the market leader in Asian countries. Miura is known worldwide for our commitment and our innovative and efficient boiler designs. With more than 4,000 employees in 14 countries, we are working toward our globalization goal with local presence. Miura North America is actively seeking an Accounting Manager/Financial Controller for our HQ in Rockmart, GA.
Purpose of position
Responsible for all operations of the Accounting departments including financial review, treasury, cash and investment management of Miura America Co., Ltd. Provide leadership and direction for the Accounting departments. Provides financial review and advice to management and the Parent company. Reports on and/or supervises the accounting related to accounts, purchase, sales, inventory, tax, cost accounting and fixed asset management. Plans, develops, implements, maintains and monitors office technology requirements. Supervises less than 5 full time employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares or supervises the preparation of financial records, statements and reports covering sales, profit, and expenditures, money owed to and by the organization, costs and changes in assets (uses Z-Boss CRM, Account Mate, Z-Boss MFG, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Prepares quarterly and year-end closings and financial statements to facilitate external audit (uses Z-Boss CRM, Account Mate, Z-Boss MFG, Excel Word). Submits the financial reports to the management and the Parent company prior to the deadline.
- Prepares the required documents for Federal and State income tax return filings. Manages to file the tax returns prior to the deadlines.
- Prepares and files various government required taxes and other reporting (e.g. property taxes, foreign interest withholding taxes, foreign bank disclosure, census data, etc.)
- Assigns/delegates work, to less than 5 full time staffs. Monitors overall work results from direct reports and several departments. Disciplines and counsels employees as required. Conducts performance evaluations, provides feedback and trains employees. Promotes teamwork amongst staff.
- Oversees and manages the monthly closing and preparation of results. Communicates to branch offices and managements regarding the month-end closing activities and deadlines. Prepares monthly AR and Inventory analysis and reviews.
- Manages and assists departments with the acquisition, maintenance and disposition of fixed assets. Coordinates the annual fixed asset physical counting to verify the existence of assets.
- Develops and implements control and system improvements in accounting and treasury policies, procedures and processes as required. Develops, updates and implements accounting and internal financial reporting systems as required.
- Plans, initiates and executes measures designed to improve the profitability of the organization by improving accounting/treasury systems and procedures. Improves financial systems, policies and procedures where appropriate.
- Maintains a secure, up-to-date accounting system. Arranges for and manages the upgrading of the accounting software and hardware system components. Ensures system access controls are properly granted in accounting systems (by department, by duty).
- Communicates and assists other departments including various branch administrators or Managers on accounting advises with the Z-Boss CRM, Account Mate and Z-Boss MFG.
- Communicates with the Parent company’s Accounting department. Assists special projects from Japan as required.
- Manages balance sheet account reconciliations and intercompany balance reconciliations monthly.
- Performs bank reconciliations monthly. Monitors and manages cash flows, investments and lines of credit. Oversees regular bank deposits and transfers of funds.
- Assists preparation of the organization’s annual budget under the direction of the President.
- Liaise with external auditors, bank, government agencies and other business partners.
- Prepares payroll departmental allocation and coding and reviews payroll journal entries. Ensures Expat payroll accounts are funded prior to monthly payday.
- Reviews new (and/or existing) customer’s credit and approves credit limit based on the assessed credit risk.
- Performs other duties as required. Maintains knowledge, observes and practices appropriate procedures in regards to Safety, Quality and environmental standards. Keeps work area safe, tidy and clean.
(knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position):
- CPA Certification preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 years of experience with a focus in Cost Accounting
- At least 2 years in supervisory role.
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to create and manage a budget.
- Accounting: 3 years